- A good, basic grass hay with high quality nutrition, and a fresh fragrance.
- Oxbow Western Timothy Hay is the ideal long-strand fibre source for keeping small animal digestive tracts functioning properly.
- Our most popular grass hay – with high fibre, low protein and low calcium content.
- Widely recommended by vets.
- Oxbow Animal Health was the first pet food company to introduce Timothy Hay as a staple in the small animal diet. It is now the staple.
- Available in 425g, 1.1kg, 4.05kg, 25lb, and 50lb bags.
100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and additive free. Loose hay contains stems, leaves, and limited seed heads.
|Crude Protein (min)
|Crude Fat (min)
|Crude Fibre (max)
Growing Animals: Unlimited amounts
Mature Animals: Unlimited amounts
Western Timothy Hay can be fed free-choice to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, prairie dogs and other herbivores as an alternative to oat hay, brome and orchard grass. Free-choice means that the feed is available at all times. If they finish what you give them, you need to give them more! Hay should be used not only for nutritional purposes, but for mental stimulation and the promotion of natural foraging behaviour.
Try feeding hay in new and inventive ways to increase consumption:
Rabbits like to eat hay in their litter box.
Fill a cardboard tube, basket or animal-safe toy with hay and place it in your pet’s favourite spot.
Put a layer of hay on the bottom of the cage and hide food/treats in the hay for foraging.
Put hay everywhere: the hutch, the corner, behind the couch, etc…
Tickle your pet with strands of hay – they may take a bite and realize how tasty it is.
How much do I feed daily?
It should be fed free choice daily. That means the hay is available at all times. 75% of a small herbivore’s diet should be hay.